“The only higher expectation than yours is ours” is what we live by for our customers and our employees at Strata Design. If your core values foster strong relationships, a strong work ethic, and come with a strong attention to detail we need to talk. At Strata Design we will provide you with all the tools that you need to get the job done right, on time, and within budget.
Our team is growing and we are looking for a Millwork CAD/Drafter – Engineer to join our team. If attention to detail, motivated, accurate, concept to completion, and quality are not just words you live by, but they describe your inner self. If you enjoy seeing drawings turned into reality, customer service, and have a smile, we would love to talk. We aren’t looking for just anyone we want the best
The Millwork CAD/Drafter – Engineer will take architectural drawings and transform them into working shop drawings for submission and fabrication. This role involves drawing and engineering casework and millwork items utilizing AutoCAD and Microvellum, software for Strata’s commercial cabinet and millwork business.
What we need!
- A problem solver that enjoys resolution with top notch leadership skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Analyze job requirements, define scope, perform in a deadline driven environment with exceptional time management skills
- Ability to read and review architectural plans and specifications for each project both individually and with the team
- Be able to draw from scratch with quality, accuracy, and produce full 3D machining results
- A sense of urgency and a passion for customer and company satisfaction and thoroughness.
- A deadline driven attitude that prides itself on time management
- Multitasking and spinning plates are something you thoroughly enjoy.
- Ability to create and edit custom projects within Microvellum. Utilizing excel formulas, products to work orders and machine centers
- Must be proficient with
- 2D & 3D AutoCAD
- CNC Programming
- Architectural Millwork and Cabinet Making
- AWI Standards
- MS Office – Excel and Outlook
- Additional Skills/interests that might come in handy: (it’s a long story – more info available at your interview)
- Mini basketball shooting, golf putting, fowling and dart throwing
- Curling, softball and bowling experience
- BBQ grill skills
- Minor League baseball games
- Enjoy boat tours with 30 of your closest friends
What you will get!
- An opportunity to live in one of the Top 4 Season Regions in the entire world!
- You will certainly get competitive wages, health – dental & vision insurance, 401(k), quarterly bonuses (In 2021 we shared over $120k with eligible employees) and paid time off, but more importantly you will gain a fulfilling work environment with the opportunity to succeed
- An opportunity to contribute to the success of Strata Design
- SUPPORT! We give our employees all the tools they need to succeed.
- Access to company financial statements as a part of the “Great Game of Business”
- We operate with a bottom-up approach versus top down as we believe that our success starts with you!
- Continuous Improvement is our expectation and all of our team members inputs and suggestions are highly valued.
- An atmosphere that you will be proud to share where you work, come ask our current employees!
** Preference for local or candidates willing to relocate but remote for the perfect candidate will be considered.
Does this sound like you or someone you know? If so, we need to talk. Email ([email protected]) a cover letter and resume, or call us, (231)929-2140.
Strata Design is a leader in the Architectural Woodworking space across Michigan and the United States. We manufacture commercial casework, laminate millwork, and more for Hospitals, Medical Office Buildings, Universities and Schools, Retail, Financial, Hospitality, and Sports Institutions.